Stack Sports is leading the way in sports technology and we are looking to expand our development team in Denver. If you have a passion for sports, sports technology, and have 3-5 years experience in Ruby on Rails and proficiency with React/Redux or Ember, we’re interested in talking with you.
We’re currently hiring an experienced mid-level full stack developers who are passionate, dedicated, and looking to build something meaningful over time to work on our CaptainU sports recruiting platform. CaptainU is the largest network for college coaches and high school athletes who want to play sports in college.
This might be a great opportunity for you if…
- You’re looking for a career growth opportunity, not just your next gig
- You want more responsibility to decide what features get built and how they get built
- You’re motivated to make product that are not only valuable and meaningful for our end users, but are also products you are passionate about
- You’re obsessed with getting things done well and on time, and know how to balance this obsession against business priorities
- You’re tired of managers who don’t respect, let alone solicit your feedback and are ready to work on a team with no egos, of passionate individuals who want to get the job done and done well
What you get:
- Plenty of say in strategic decisions and process improvements
- The opportunity to work on projects that interest you and take ownership of solutions
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A respectful team of motivated, passionate, and talented colleagues
- A flexible work environment
- Lots of ongoing feedback and retrospectives
Here’s what we are looking for:
- 3-5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Ember or a combination of the three (Bonus points for Ember experience)
- At least 3 years experience in a professional development environment where you were a member of a development team.
- Experience consuming and writing REST based APIs
- Experience in front end styling including CSS, SCSS, etc
- Body of work demonstrating proficient understanding of complex Rails and React projects and design principles.
- A proven ability to quickly learn new tools, apps, and environments and the willingness to jump into unfamiliar code bases, get to know them and start contributing quickly.
- An positive outlook with a focus on solution oriented problem solving, even when things get tough
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams of designers and product managers and others to bring a product to life
- Experience with distributed version control using Git
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Our team operates like a small startup while still having the benefits and scale of being part of a larger enterprise at Stack Sports. Our tools are actively being used by more than two million people, check out their success stories at https://www.captainu.com/reviews.
This position is based out of the Denver area so you can work with our core development team and start having immediate impacts on the product. We’re big believers in working remotely and our processes reflect that. We have offices in Denver where the team gets together as needed or if you just feel like working in an energizing environment. We place a premium on diversity, candor, and continual experimentation and look forward to talking with you.
You can learn more about us here: http://learn.captainu.com/about