Experienced, reliable developer working in a Ruby on Rails environment who is looking to build something meaningful over time.
- You’re looking for a career growth opportunity for the next 3-5 years, not just the next gig
- You want more responsibility to decide what features get built and how they get built
- You’re motivated to make meaningful products that improve the way people experience the things about which they’re most passionate
- You’re obsessed with getting things done well and on time, even if it means cutting the nice-to-haves
- You’re tired of managers who don’t respect, let alone solicit your feedback
- You’re interested in working with a close knit team comprised of passionate developers
- All of our apps are based on the latest versions of Ruby, Rails and we upgrade frequently
What you get:
- Plenty of say in strategic decisions and process improvements
- The opportunity to work on projects that interest you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A respectful team of motivated, talented colleagues
- A flexible work environment
- Lots of ongoing feedback and retrospectives
Here’s what we want to see from you:
- Body of work demonstrating your recent React.js projects.
- A stable work history: at least one job in the last 5 years where you’ve lasted at least 2 years
- A proven ability to quickly learn new tools, apps, and environments
- An enthusiasm for constantly tinkering with, and working to improve the development process
- An optimistic outlook such that even when things aren’t working well, they present a growth opportunity
- A fondness for working on well-organized, clear and concise code
- Experience consuming REST based APIs
- Comfortable working with designers to bring responsive UX to life.
- Fluency with Ruby on Rails applications.
- Distributed version control using Git
CaptainU is the largest network for college coaches and high school athletes who want to play sports in college. We’re bootstrapped and profitable. More than a million people use our tools. And we’ve been working remote since 2009. We place a premium on diversity, candor, and continual experimentation. You can learn more about us here: http://learn.captainu.com/about.
See our official job listing here.