CaptainU is looking for a Athlete Sales Rep to join our Athlete Sales Team and contribute to our explosive growth as the leader in the sports & technology market. Since 2007, CaptainU’s mission has been to bridge sports and technology by connecting millions of athletes with all the colleges, teams and events they need to succeed and play at the next level. We’ve fundamentally changed the recruiting process for both Athletes and College Coaches.
We are currently hiring an Athlete Sales Representative for our inside sales team around our Athlete Recruiting product, which helps millions of athletes make great college teams. This is an established product with millions of users, previously all driven through marketing and word of mouth. We are now excited to build a direct to consumer sales model.
As an Athlete Sales Rep for our Athlete Sales Team, you’ll be the foundation of the team. Responsible for conducting scheduled inbound and outbound Athlete and Parent recruiting sales consultations and demonstrating the value and benefit of our premium Athlete packages.
At CaptainU, we value the creativity and skill set of every individual while offering opportunities to influence strategic product decisions, make contributions to all areas of the company, work directly with C-level management, and enjoy a flexible, supportive work/life balance. Most of all, CaptainU strives to promote a diverse and rewarding company culture based on winning. Learn more about CaptainU at http://captainu.com/about.
- Drive revenue growth by completing sales appointments on recruiting basics using CaptainU.
- Make a high volume of daily outbound sales calls to Parents and Athletes that have scheduled appointments.
- Present basics of CaptainU Athlete profile and general insight into the college recruiting process upselling on premium feature benefits.
- Research, discover and validate new techniques to increase results.
- Work closely with Athlete Sales Director and Marketing to refine and optimize quantity of appointments, messaging and conversion rates.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation or Sales Role OR Customer Support or Account Management Role with upsell responsibilities.
- Proven track record of exceeding high-volume sales targets and experience succeeding in a goal-driven environment.
- High volume outbound cold-calling experience.
- High volume inbound call experience.
- Exceptional phone communication and time management skills.
- Excellent technical skills including Excel, Google Apps, and CRM tools such as Salesforce.com.
- College sports background preferred but not mandatory.
- Competitive Salary, Company Bonus + Equity.
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- Maternity & paternity leave policies.
- 401k plan.
- Commuter benefits.
- Professional development and growth opportunity in focused and fun environment.
- Monthly team outings and weekly team lunches.
- Sane work hours and time off when you need it.
Think you have what it takes to be an Athlete Sales Rep at CaptainU? Send us your cover letter and resume today.
A few final tips on the application
- This job is in our San Francisco office and starting immediately – so only apply if currently living in the Bay Area or plan to be in next month.
- Resumes without cover letters get much less visibility among applicants – so include a letter on why you should be selected.
Think you have what it takes? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org