Everyone prepares for their game or race differently, including what music they listen to.
So far in our #CaptainUPreGameMix, the songs have been strong, loud and fast-paced. But the 13th song on our list, chosen by Hunter H., is quieter, calm and slow.
“Most athletes listen to music to get fired up before a game, but I always wanted to be as calm and focused as possible. I found that listening to certain types of music helped me to avoid getting too pumped up before games. ‘Into the Mystic’ always had me feeling calm, cool and collected when I stepped on the court,” he says.
Which type of music do you prefer? Tweet us with #CaptainUPreGameMix.
So far, the playlist is:
1. Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine
2. Quiet Dog by Mos Def
3. Kick Him When He’s Down by The Offspring
4. C’Mon by Tiësto vs Diplo
5. Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix
6. Shake it Out by Florence + the Machine
7. Keep Yourself Alive by Queen
8. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
9. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
10. All my Life by Foo Fighters
11. Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne
12. Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine