How about some motivational, fast-paced rock music to get you pumped before your game or race?
Song #10 on our CaptainU Pre Game Mix is just that. “All My Life” by the Foo Fighters, chosen by CaptainU team member Jeff has lyrics like “closer to the prize at the end of the road” that relate well to an athlete trying to improve their skills to take their game to the next level in college.
The reason Jeff chose it?
“Much like the Ramones before them, the Foo Fighters music is stripped to its bare necessities then mixed with an abundance of blood, sweat and tears to create something authentic and powerful. This is one of those rare songs that actually gets better the louder that you play it. The song builds (from 3:05 to 3:35) to a point that is perfect for the moment right before you storm the field and demolish the opposing team.”
So far, the playlist is:
1. Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine
2. Quiet Dog by Mos Def
3. Kick Him When He’s Down by The Offspring
4. C’Mon by Tiësto vs Diplo
5. Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix
6. Shake it Out by Florence + the Machine
7. Keep Yourself Alive by Queen
8. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
9. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor