Here’s a quick review of the key points on how to get a college scholarship.
1. Focus on finding schools that are the right fit academically, socially, and athletically.
2. Don’t focus first on who has scholarships. If you do that, you might find colleges that have money, but they may not be a good fit for you.
3. Build your list on the Colleges page on CaptainU.
4. Email those coaches using the Mail tool and build a relationship with them.
5. Talk to the coaches about how you can pay for your education.
Since you focused on the right fit at the outset, the financial aid at those schools is likely to be a good fit for you as well. It’s a much better approach than “following the money” and hoping the fit is ultimately right.